Friday, December 30, 2011

Sources of Inspiration

Somehow, for me, discovering knitting also reawakened my environmental spirit. While I've been toting my groceries home in canvas bags for almost 20 years and have composted on and off for 10 years, I've started looking at the everyday things around me in a new light.

And I've started challenging myself:

Why buy premade what I can create myself?
Why not be the artist envisioning and making beautiful objects?

Some sources of inspiration:
Craftzine, which sends me a daily email featuring almost a dozen handmade items
local craft fairs, including the DIY Trunk Show, Urban Folk Circuit, and Renegade 
the beautiful pictures I see on Pinterest

and, as of today, a Tumblr blog called Unconsumption that my daughter shared with me

What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment